Tuesday, October 9, 2012

So far so good...








So I have had a little time to review the event and the things...

One thing is the fear factor...


Now I am not saying that I had fear in my mind.. The accident happened so fast I was not even aware of what happened.  I mean I did not have time to think, ok what do I do... But the body had some fear.. Which I thought was interesting when I when to ride Phooka on Saturday.... But after about 30 seconds in the saddle I felt fine.. But for that brief moment...




The other thing I noticed was right after the event.. I was sure, sure I was done riding MissM
Sure that I did not have the skill or the ability to help her... Even though this event was pretty much my fault, and even considering I have taken her around cows and other things successfully.. Yet I have to state, that riding her, is not "easy".. It requires much mental and physical alertness from me, that goes beyond having fun and honestly enjoying it... It is like work.. where riding Phooka feels rewarding, riding Miss M can feel like a chore...


Yet what I realize now is this.. That in normal situations I can help her, and provide her the support she needs when she gets confused or worried. On the ground I can manage any situation that may occur. Yet my issue is that my seat is not good enough to support her when she has her meltdowns when I am in the saddle.

When I reviewed this with my trainer she agreed.  The issue for me I think in many ways is the weight.. Which is an ongoing theme in my posts..

One thing I learned is gravity works. Had I been a little thinner perhaps the saddle would not have shifted, and perhaps had I been more agile I could have regained my balance quicker... Words to the wise...

So I know, that if I want to take this seriously, then I have to seriously consider my condition and change it...


It was like at Bucks clinic I was chatting to him about something with Sofie, and he gave me the scan.. I think you all know what I am talking about.  He started at my head, scanned me down to my feet, then scanned me back up to my head.. then I got the look... Now I think we all know when we have been weighed and measured...

I had been found wanting..

Maybe he was trying to work it out in his mind.. or maybe something else... But if you know you can be better and are limited then why not change especially when I have a horse that needs extra attention.

There was a concern with me too. I know we all know that person who has a horse that always seems to get them hurt... Mostly because they are fools and the horse is beyond their level or they dont have any common sense.. I dont want to be that girl with that horse.. So until I can ride her and support her when she has these momentary breakdowns, then what good am I?

Hi Ho!
L





No comments:

Post a Comment