Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Why Cant we Get Along?

You know

After you cry in your milk, pour it out, and figure out if what you want to do next.
This cleansing process, is important to help turn around negativity in our feelings.

So, getting back into the saddle, challenging myself and my horses is helping me tear down the barriers that I had in pushing my riding to the next level.

Which brings me to the next point.

It is interesting for me, because I am learning from different teachers...when I ask my own teacher questions how it can create deltas and mis-understandings.

I know my teacher has a point of view... and maybe she things I am not ready in my understanding to go onto the next step.. But I know that I have seen and am trying to get a further understanding of the quality, lightness and partnership...

So it is now a goal for me, to get my horse to have the basics, so she can see that in them... that way she will know, when I ask these questions it is because I am driving to understand.

The whole concept of feel and horsemanship is something that is one of those things that is hard to grasp fully...

It is setting up your parameters and letting your horse find the softness within it... There should be no contact.. riding with your legs, your energy, you focus...

So when I say, I want to set up the parameters and let the horses find the softness... what I mean is if I set up the parameters the horse should be checking in, feeling of me.. I should not have to keep constant contact on the horse...

Yet the discussion I had with my trainer is how is the horse supposed to know... Well my thoughts are it does not have to be with constant contact.. there should be float and softness in the reins.. the horse knows from my energy, from the parameters I have set...

Frustrating when I am learning, like a child, I dont know how to talk right, but I know that the words mean something, that it means something...

Hi Ho
L

No comments:

Post a Comment